XT rim and mortise cylinders retrofit into most industry door hardware, require no wiring to the door, and are powered by the Medeco XT rechargeable key. Flexible authorization, auditing of use, and cost-effective retrofit to existing hardware are all in one convenient package. The attack-resistant design and tamper-proof features on the cylinder provide strong protection against forced entry.
- Retrofits into virtually any industry standard rim and mortise lock hardware.
- Medeco XT is a robust Intelligent Key system that retrofits mechanical cylinders and is managed by state-of-the-art software
- The XT key provides all power to the cylinder, eliminating the need for any hard wiring or power supply.
- Rim cylinders are used with auxiliary rim locks such as: surface mounted deadbolts, night latches, panic devices and jimmyproof locks (also know as vertical dropbolts or interlocking deadbolts).
- A cam on the back of the cylinder operates the lock mechanism and a set screw holds the mortise cylinder in place.
- XT keys are electronically programmed to open only specific locks during a designated schedule, offering access control and monitoring. Grant after-hours and temporary access with electronic scheduling.
- Audit information recorded in both the lock and key shows a time-and-date stamped record of every event, including authorized accesses and unauthorized attempts. Cylinder audit shows list of keys that were used to attempt an opening, but were denied authorization.
- Solid brass construction provides high quality and long cylinder life.
- Remote programming lets you respond immediately to personnel changes, even if keys are not returned. Lost or stolen keys can be turned off in the system to reduce risk.
- Variety of cylinder lengths and cam/tailpiece configurations provide large retrofit capability and reduce the need to replace the entire locking device.
- Lost or stolen keys can be blacklisted so they will not function.
- Stand-alone or web-based software offers flexible programming, scheduled access and full audit reports.
- Keys store up to 14,000 audit events. Lock/cylinder stores up to 2,000 audit events.
- Bluetooth-enabled keys available to allow programming using any mobile device via Android or iOS app.
- Cylinder is designed for interior and exterior use with an operating temperature rating of -40 degrees Fahrenheit to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.